Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Minecraft] Minecraft Suggestions & Ideas
 Vination Offline
Server Wizard
Server Wizard

Likes Given: 2
Minecraft Suggestions & Ideas

If you have any kind of suggestion or an idea to improve the server don't hesitate and post it here!

-- Vination

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle. Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.”
06 June 2017 20:55
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
 saphire Offline
Community Administrator
Staff

Likes Given: 87
RE: Minecraft Suggestions & Ideas

im gonna start and be a real girl and say furniture mod Tongue

[Image: 5HIPu0j.png]

[Image: 2nhjdia.jpg]
[/align]
07 June 2017 10:15
 yourdog Offline
Occasional Poster
Community Member

Likes Given: 0

Maybe FTB mod like storage drawers

I was looking on youtube for a nice storage to build in Tekkit,
and now i found a awesome mod that is not on the serverSoz

i was wondering if we could add it ?

http://wiki.technicpack.net/Applied_Ener...ME_Storage

or version 2
https://ftbwiki.org/Applied_Energistics_2

Greetings doggy :D
07 June 2017 12:30
 Vination Offline
Server Wizard
Server Wizard

As much as these mods all look fun and would add to the gameplay I have to clarify early on that there are two types of add-ons for MC: Mods and Plugins. The main difference between these two types is while plugins are only server-sided, mods need to be present on both the server and client in order to function. The problem with this is Minecraft doesn't work like ET did. It won't automatically download missing mods for you. That means if you don't have a mod in your client that a server has then you won't be able to connect to it. With that being said, if you want these mods to be uploaded on the server then you'll need to manually install them into your clients and every single other person who wants to play on the server needs to do the same. Now that will pretty much eliminate the chance of the server getting visitors (unless they install the missing mods manually as well). I'll leave the decision to you guys, just wanted to clear things up a little Smiley

-- Vination

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle. Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.”
07 June 2017 14:20
 AgentHani Offline
Hmph..
Community Member

Likes Given: 4

(07 June 2017 14:20)Vination Wrote:  As much as these mods all look fun and would add to the gameplay I have to clarify early on that there are two types of add-ons for MC: Mods and Plugins. The main difference between these two types is while plugins are only server-sided, mods need to be present on both the server and client in order to function. The problem with this is Minecraft doesn't work like ET did. It won't automatically download missing mods for you. That means if you don't have a mod in your client that a server has then you won't be able to connect to it. With that being said, if you want these mods to be uploaded on the server then you'll need to manually install them into your clients and every single other person who wants to play on the server needs to do the same. Now that will pretty much eliminate the chance of the server getting visitors (unless they install the missing mods manually as well). I'll leave the decision to you guys, just wanted to clear things up a little Smiley

-- Vination

Exactly, i really agree with having furnitures mod atleast but it also has a disadvantage like what snacky said.. it will be difficult for people to join in because they need to install it manually.. :/

[Image: EaaHZIz.png]
07 June 2017 17:57
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
dragonfan96 Offline
Occasional Poster
Registered

Likes Given: 0

Plugin Suggestions:
Silk Spawners
For the Staff Team:
CoreProtect
GriefPrevention
LiteBans (Makes Punishments x1000 Times better and easier to manage plus you can make a public ban page if you wish using MYSQL)
For your User-base/ Admin Set-up Required
Votifer (Allows your userbase to vote on your server as a form of advertisement for daily rewards such as Crate Keys or in-game cash)
CratesPlus/Simple Crates ( This allows an admin to Create Crates that contain prizes of your choice at a random % chance and players can collect keys to use to right-click and gain that item after earning a key from say voting or getting something cool!)
WordGame (This adds a Chat Minigame where you solve a scambled word for a prize to keep things intresting and fresh)
mcMMO (this gives players an RPG feel by allowing the user to gain experience in a skill such as chopping a tree or mining ores)

Last suggestion is kinda selling myself but its worth a shot/try here,
if you ever need help with set-up or Admin related work that involves setting up plugins or permission nodes(PermissionEX(PEX))
I have quite a bit of experience with setting up if you wish to have someone help,
If you need a link to any one of these let me know i'd be glad to help out with this suggestion!
(This post was last modified: 08 June 2017 04:21 by dragonfan96.)
08 June 2017 04:18
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
 Mac Offline
Frequent Poster
Community Friend

Likes Given: 287

(07 June 2017 14:20)Vination Wrote:  As much as these mods all look fun and would add to the gameplay I have to clarify early on that there are two types of add-ons for MC: Mods and Plugins. The main difference between these two types is while plugins are only server-sided, mods need to be present on both the server and client in order to function. The problem with this is Minecraft doesn't work like ET did. It won't automatically download missing mods for you. That means if you don't have a mod in your client that a server has then you won't be able to connect to it. With that being said, if you want these mods to be uploaded on the server then you'll need to manually install them into your clients and every single other person who wants to play on the server needs to do the same. Now that will pretty much eliminate the chance of the server getting visitors (unless they install the missing mods manually as well). I'll leave the decision to you guys, just wanted to clear things up a little Smiley

-- Vination

My question is, if you have these mods are not installed and a visitor tries to connect, what does his client tell him? Is there a message telling which mods are missing? If so, then the visitors have at least a way to know what to get. Or is it maybe possible to set a custom message telling them to go to forums to see what mods are needed to be installed (assuming there will be instructions here on how to install them).

Then again, I think the best idea in my opinion would be to make a decision on what the server goal is: To attract people to play in it, or to keep it more of a playground for the current members who are interested in Minecraft.

Just my 2 cents.
(This post was last modified: 08 June 2017 17:33 by Mac.)
08 June 2017 17:33
 Vination Offline
Server Wizard
Server Wizard

(08 June 2017 17:33)Mac Wrote:  My question is, if you have these mods are not installed and a visitor tries to connect, what does his client tell him? Is there a message telling which mods are missing? If so, then the visitors have at least a way to know what to get. Or is it maybe possible to set a custom message telling them to go to forums to see what mods are needed to be installed (assuming there will be instructions here on how to install them).

Then again, I think the best idea in my opinion would be to make a decision on what the server goal is: To attract people to play in it, or to keep it more of a playground for the current members who are interested in Minecraft.

Just my 2 cents.

As far as I know the message only tells the visitor that he's missing some mods but it doesn't specify what mods exactly and unfortunately the server is not even connectable if you miss mods so there is no way to even let the visitor know what to download or where could he get help. This is why indeed we have to decide on the goal of the server first.

08 June 2017 19:23
 AgentHani Offline
Hmph..
Community Member

Likes Given: 4

(08 June 2017 17:33)Mac Wrote:  

-- Vination

My question is, if you have these mods are not installed and a visitor tries to connect, what does his client tell him? Is there a message telling which mods are missing? If so, then the visitors have at least a way to know what to get. Or is it maybe possible to set a custom message telling them to go to forums to see what mods are needed to be installed (assuming there will be instructions here on how to install them).

Just my 2 cents.

I Guess its possible, and its true that when a mod is installed on the server and the player without the mod connects, the server will inform him that he doesnt have that particular mod installed inside his client.. I think it is really possible to edit the texts which is informing the player which will make it easy for the player to be directed to the forums or the link to the download the mod etc.

-------------------------------
Correct me if i am wrong, i think the goal is both, Playground for members and for the public.. the reason i am not sure why it went public is because we need more activity to fight boredom.. Snacky knows alot about that afaik.

[Image: EaaHZIz.png]
08 June 2017 19:25
 Vination Offline
Server Wizard
Server Wizard

(08 June 2017 04:18)dragonfan96 Wrote:  Plugin Suggestions:
Silk Spawners
For the Staff Team:
CoreProtect
GriefPrevention
LiteBans (Makes Punishments x1000 Times better and easier to manage plus you can make a public ban page if you wish using MYSQL)
For your User-base/ Admin Set-up Required
Votifer (Allows your userbase to vote on your server as a form of advertisement for daily rewards such as Crate Keys or in-game cash)
CratesPlus/Simple Crates ( This allows an admin to Create Crates that contain prizes of your choice at a random % chance and players can collect keys to use to right-click and gain that item after earning a key from say voting or getting something cool!)
WordGame (This adds a Chat Minigame where you solve a scambled word for a prize to keep things intresting and fresh)
mcMMO (this gives players an RPG feel by allowing the user to gain experience in a skill such as chopping a tree or mining ores)

Last suggestion is kinda selling myself but its worth a shot/try here,
if you ever need help with set-up or Admin related work that involves setting up plugins or permission nodes(PermissionEX(PEX))
I have quite a bit of experience with setting up if you wish to have someone help,
If you need a link to any one of these let me know i'd be glad to help out with this suggestion!

I've added Votifier and CratesPlus which I have yet to configure. Thank you for the good suggestions! I would also like to take up on your offer of helping because I didn't manage to find a working version of mcMMO so far. The 1.5 version is said to work on 1.7.10 but when I install it I get a version mismatch error. I'd appreciate if you'd help me out on that!

-- Vination

09 June 2017 21:04

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)